The goal of Estate and Gift Tax Planning is to adequately provide liquidity for the owner’s estate, provide for continuation of the business and to minimize gift, estate and generation-skipping transfer taxes. With constant and often complex changes in the estate and gift tax code, it is crucial to have a professional firm such as FFG Valuations assist in capturing all of the business owners’ potential tax savings.
A business owner’s needs for estate planning will vary over the owner’s life cycle. In the early years, buy-sell agreements and insurance protection are typically the highest priority. As an owner progresses in his or her life cycle, transfer planning, and possible charitable giving, become increasingly more relevant to the owner’s estate planning requirements.
FFG Valuations consults and works closely with prestigious estate planning firms (such as law, accounting, and insurance firms) to meet their clients’ estate planning needs most effectively.
FFG Valuations performs fractional discount studies for the following:
- Family limited partnerships
- Limited liability companies and other pass-through entities
- Undivided interests in real property
Detailed reports issued by FFG Valuations can be used for:
- Estate and gift tax planning
- IRC Section 409A – Nonqualified Deferred Compensation Plans
- Buy-sell and cross-purchase agreements
- Key person insurance planning
- Recapitalization of common stock to non-voting common stock
- Conversion of C Corporations to S Corporations
- Charitable gift transactions utilizing charitable remainder trusts
Our reports are comprehensive and backed by extensive research to determine the applicable discounts to be applied. With our level of expertise, FFG Valuations is confident that our valuation reports can withstand IRS scrutiny and will provide an audit guarantee.